We are pleased to announce the release of the version 0.8 of the DGtal library and its DGtalTools (http://dgtal.org). As usual, the Changelog is huge and we encourage you to have a look to it (see link below), see « New features, critical changes » , « Changes » and « Bug fixes » sections).
However, we would like to emphasize several things:
- a brand new package has been added in this version : the Discrete Exterior Calculus package. It provides an easy and efficient way to describe linear operator over various structure. Basic operators, such as Hodge duality operator or exterior derivative, can be combined to create classical vector analysis operator such as gradient, curl and divergence.
- new tutorials are available in the documentation for DGtal beginners (designed for the DGtal Meeting in June).
- as usual, new geometrical tools, better I/O, better visualization tools, less issues …
DGtal is a generic open source library for Digital Geometry programming for which the main objective is to structure different developments from the digital geometry and topology community.
- DGtal 0.8 : http://dgtal.org/download/
- Complete changelog: https://github.com/DGtal-team/DGtal/blob/master/ChangeLog.md
DGtal 0.8 DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.11586
DGtalTools 0.8 : http://dgtal.org/tools/
- Complete changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DGtal-team/DGtalTools/master/ChangeLog
DGtalTools 0.8 DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.11587
- Tutorials: http://dgtal.org/doc/0.8/packageTutorials.html
- Documentation docket URL (for dash or zeal tools): http://dgtal.org/doc/docset/DGtal.xml