We are pleased to announce the release of the version 0.9 of the DGtal library and its DGtalTools (http://dgtal.org). As usual, the Changelog is huge and we encourage you to have a look to it (see link below), see « New features, critical changes » , « Changes » and « Bug fixes » sections).
However, we would like to emphasize several things:
- the DEC package that was introduced in 0.8 has been considerably optimized and enhanced. The API and operator names have slightly changed to improve consistency.
- many new features in the geometry package: convex-hulls/alphashapes in 2D, DSS union in log-time, 3D-DSS recognition, lambda-MST in 2D and 3D,
- as usual, new container for digital sets based on hashed containers (many DGtal tools get 20-50% speedup), new mathematical tools, better I/O, better visualization tools with possible interactions, less issues, better documentation …
- plenty of new tools in the DGtalTools repository (http://dgtal.org/tools): sliceViewer, converter tools (itk, heightmap,…), bug fixes …
DGtal is a generic open source library for Digital Geometry programming for which the main objective is to structure different developments from the digital geometry and topology community.
- DGtal 0.9 : http://dgtal.org/download/
- Complete changelog: https://github.com/DGtal-team/DGtal/blob/master/ChangeLog.md
DGtal 0.9 DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.31884
DGtalTools 0.9 : http://dgtal.org/tools/
- Complete changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DGtal-team/DGtalTools/master/ChangeLog
DGtalTools 0.9 DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.31882
- Tutorials: http://dgtal.org/doc/0.9/packageTutorials.html
- Documentation docket URL (for dash or zeal tools): http://dgtal.org/doc/docset/DGtal.xml